Harry Connick, Jr. and Jill Connick will host Coloradans for an educational, entertaining and inspirational evening out at The Cable Center from 6 – 8 p.m. The event is free of charge, but space is limited and restricted to individuals whose registration is confirmed via New50.com/Denver.
Why are Harry and Jill coming to Denver? As ambassadors for The New 50 public awareness campaign to educate people 50 and older on colon cancer and early detection, Harry and Jill are travelling the country to share their own experience with cancer, and encourage others to take colon cancer screening seriously. Currently, approximately 35 million people across the nation are not current with screening. In fact, one-third of adults age 50 and older in Denver are not getting screened as recommended. The event aims to make a difference in those numbers as 90 percent of colon cancers can be treated if detected early. Joining Harry and Jill to discuss myths and facts around colon cancer and the importance of knowing your screening options will be a healthcare provider and a local colon cancer survivor.
Why attend? Attendees will learn critical information about taking charge of their health while also enjoying a memorable evening out! A few event highlights include:
• Q&A with Harry and Jill
• Celebration of the new 50-year-olds in attendance
• Opportunity to join Harry and Jill on stage for the New 50 #ScreenWithMe Challenge
• Surprise guest appearances
• Hors d’oeuvres and desserts
• Opportunity to be chosen for after-show meet and greet with Harry and Jill, with photos
But that’s not all! Harry and Jill will host the “Wellness Wins Circle” where they will grant some lucky winners wishes to stay well after 50!
The event is sponsored by Exact Sciences and supported by The New 50 campaign partners: Colorectal Cancer Alliance, Fight Colorectal Cancer, and the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation. We hope that you, too, will join us!
* All registrations for this event, including those referenced above, must be confirmed in advance via New50.com/Denver. The event is not open to health care professionals, as defined in the AdvaMed Code of Ethics, due to restrictions on providing entertainment to such individuals as set forth in that Code.