ALL BEER $4 Enjoy more than 30 craft and domestics beers during our daily happy hour. HOT DRINKS $5...
Bands Around Colorado in January 2018
The Colorado live music scene is an industry that operates 7 days a week from border to border and peak to peak. Bands of all shapes, sizes and genres do their best to quench the thirst the Colorado citizens and visitors have for live music. Most touring bands play at multiple venues in Colorado, so if you can’t make a show at one venue, you can travel a short distance and see the band somewhere else. Here’s some bands playing at multiple venues around Colorado in January.
by Jeff Shibley
The AA story started in 2006 in Raliegh. NC. In 2012, the lead singer was living in a storage unit and the band was falling apart. But the success of their album Burn.Flicker.Die took the band to almost 500 shows worldwide. Their sound is Americana country like the Jayhawks and Wilco. Their songs have lyrics about life with straightforward rhythms and harmonies. And it’s Easy to listen to. In 2014, the band released Wolves funded entirely by their fan base.
- Jan 3, Globe Hall, Denver
- Jan. 4-8, The MusicFest at Steamboat, Steamboat Springs
- Jan 9, The Black Sheep, Colorado Springs
Covering tunes from the greatest rock band ever is what this all girl quartet does. They’ve appeared at top shelf festivals like Bonnaroo, India for a benefit concert, Madison Square Garden and have been featured on just about every media outlet known to man (or woman). Perhaps the best accolade they could ask for came from Jimmy Page (yes, that Jimmy Page) “They played the Led Zeppelin music with an extraordinary sensuality and an energy and passion that highlighted their superb musicianship.” They will be here for a long weekend at some of Colorado’s most intimate venues.
- Jan 4, Sheridan Opera House, Telluride
- Jan 5, Bluebird Theater, Denver
- Jan 6, Caribou Room (Nederland), Boulder County
- Jan 7, Sunshine Studios, Colorado Springs
Brett Dennen is a folksy singer songwriter who follows the path of many folksy singer songwriters before him as an activist. Here’s a note from Brett: “I am thrilled to announce the 2nd Annual Lift Series, coming to select mountain towns in the west! Last year was a success and I am continuing to build on the brand of music, skiing, community and environmental activism. So, if you like any of those things, come join me.” How can you say no?
- Jan 11, Club Red, Telluride
- Jan 13, Belly Up, Aspen-Snowmass
- Jan 14, Smokin Moes, Winter Park
- Jan 15, Boulder Theater, Boulder County
The Wailers mission is to keep the Wailers together and to keep Bob Marley alive through the music and we’re all better for it. Lead by original guitarist Julian Junior Marvin and Donald Kinsey and famed bassist Aston “Familyman” Barret, the music does stay alive and sounds incredible live when the horns and backup singers add even more to the bass driven reggae groove.
- Jan 11, Club Red, Telluride
- Jan 17, SaGaJi Theatre, Colorado Springs
- Jan 18, Fox Theatre, Boulder County
- Jan 19, Gothic Theatre (Englewood)
- Jan 20, Ute Theater, Rifle
- Jan 21, Belly Up, Aspen-Snowmass
Seth Walker has released 9 albums. Though his music is rooted in the blues, there’s also lots of powerful gospel soul coming from the vocals of Walker and his band. Put all that along with his residency in New Orleans and when you hear him, you’ll get it. He’ll be touring with his band through Colorado in late January.
- Jan 26, The Walnut Room, Denver
- Jan 27, Palm Theatre, Telluride
- Jan 28, Public House, Crested Butte
- Jan 29, Steve's Guitars, Carbondale
Jeff Austin band
Yonder Mountain String band Mandolinist Jeff Austin won’t give his stringed friend any rest between shows. Even when YMSB isn’t playing he’s out on the road performing Americana bluegrass as good and anybody out there. "Jeff Austin blew the crowd away with his standout, electro-driven bluegrass…Austin and his bandmates have reinvented Americana music in a way that moves the genre forward." jambase.com
- Jan 26, Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom, Denver
- Jan 27, Aggie Theatre, Fort Collins
- Jan. 28, 4th & Main Downtown Grille, Wray
Tribal Seeds (with Original Wailers for two shows)
Reggae music is well represented this month when the Wailers and the Original Wailers make stops in Colorado. Performing with the Original Wailers is American Reggae band Tribal Seeds who currently have the #1 reggae album on Billboard. It’s fun pop kinda music certain to have you bobbing your head with a grin on your face.
- Jan 23, Belly Up, Aspen-Snowmass
- Jan 25, Aggie Theatre, Fort Collins with Original Wailers
- Jan 26, The Black Sheep, Colorado Springs with Original Wailers
- Jan 27, Boulder Theater, Boulder County
- Jan 10,Animas City Theatre, Durango
- Jan 11-12,Sheridan Opera House, Telluride
- Jan 13-14,The Barkley Ballroom, Frisco
- Concerts by type: Acoustic | Alternative | Americana| Bluegrass | Blues | Classic Rock | Classical | Country | EDM | Folk | Funk | Guitar | Hip Hop | Jazz | Latino | Metal | Pop | Punk | R&B | Rap | Reggae | Rock | Rockabilly | Ska | Soul | Tribute | World
- See the full list of all Upcoming Colorado Concerts
- See Live Music Venues in Colorado and the shows coming up at them.
- October Concerts | November Concerts | December Concerts | January Concerts | February Concerts | March Concerts | April Concerts | May Concerts | June Concerts | July Concerts | August Concerts | September Concerts
Events this week in Colorado
Thin Air is a Widespread Panic Tribute Band that strives to capture the essence of WSP as...
10:15 pm - Rooster (Alice In Chains Tribute) 9:15 pm - Slave To The Grind (Skid Row Trib) 8:00 pm...
School of Rock teaches guitar, bass, vocals, keyboards, drums and combines weekly private music...
For more than a decade, School of Rock has been inspiring kids to rock on stage and in life....