Colorado's 2019-20 Top Winter Festivals and Events Part I
Colorado is a festival haven year around, but 2019-20 top Colorado winter festivals celebrate things like snow, ice, skiing, ski joring, winter gods, winter holidays, seasonal music and everything else awesome that winter bestows on the state of Colorado. Here is an idea of some top festivals taking place in Colorado this winter, but doesn't really even scratch the surface so keep an eye for top winter festivals Part 2.
Submit 2019-20 top Colorado winter festivals and events to email@example.com
Top Colorado Winter Festivals in 2019-20
1. Snow Days, Vail, Dec. 12-15, 2019 Vail Snow Days is the first top Colorado winter festivals of the ski season and Vail doesn't skimp on the musical talent. This year there'll be free concerts by Modest Mouse on Friday, Dec. 13 and The Head and the Heart on Saturday, Dec. 14. There's also a kick off bon fire on Thursday, and apres parties in Lionshead and Vail Village.
2. Ullr Fest, Breckenridge, December 11-14, 2020 This is a top 2019-20 Top Colorado Winter Festivals because we all all ha Ullr, god of winter! It's this time of year we either thank him for the bounty of snow, or pray to him to bring us snow. Either way, it's a party that takes place throughout the Town of Breckenridge and needs four days to cover all the activities.
3. International Snow Sculpture Championships, Jan. 20-29, 2020 Breckennridge The International Snow Sculpting Competition is one of the premier winter events in the Colorado and this year, the sculptures will only be on display for one week.
4. Ouray Ice Festival, Jan. 23-26 2020 Ouray, Colorado becomes the absolute ice climbing mecca of the world for three days in January. Ice climbers, both novice and pro travel from all over the world to celebrate the growing sport of ice climbing. Over 100 interactive and educational climbing clinics to accommodate every skill level. Festival participants are sure to see why is one of the 2019-20 Top Colorado Winter Festivals
5. Fat Bike World Championships, January 24-26, 2020 The greatest Fat Biking event in the world featuring epic fat bike venues, a demo day, vendor showcase, discounted ski lift tickets, FREE beer, branded burgers, tons of swag, prizes, giveaways and live music! Of course this would be a 2019-20 Top Colorado Winter Festivals
6. Steamboat Winter Carnival, Feb. 5-9, 2020 Steamboat Springs celebrates the 107th Winter Carnival this year and, as always, it features a parade, fireworks, adults on shovels being pulled down main street behind horses or skiers jumping through fiery hoops. There's also pro and amateur ski jumping, a cross country obstacle course race, snow sculptures and bicycle race down Howelsen Hill. Ohh boy, this is some good fun.
7. X Games Aspen, Jan. 23-26, 2020 It is the world's best action sports, music and festival experience and it happens right here in Aspen, Colorado at Buttermilk Mountain. It's all aired live on ESPN and ABC.
8. Cripple Creek Ice Festival, Feb. 8-16, 2020 This is the 12th year for the Cripple Creek Ice Festival. Sculptures are designed with a theme in mind. The Cripple Creek Ice Festival is one of the 2019-20 Top Colorado Winter Festivals and has featured themes like Mythological Wonderland, Story Time, Under the Sea, a Military Salute Carved in Ice, a Rocky Mountain Wonderland, the Old West and a Safari theme. It’ s free to enter and there’s free shuttle service and parking throughout the town of Cripple Creek.
9. Loveland’s 28th Annual Mountaintop Matrimony, February 14, 2020, Loveland Ski Area The 28th Annual Valentine’s Day Mountaintop Matrimony ceremony and reception is a Loveland tradition where new couples are joined in matrimony and married couples renew their vows in a mass wedding at The Ptarmigan Roost Cabin
10. WinterWonderGrass, February 21-23, 2020, Steamboat Springs The WinterWonderGrass in Colorado has found a home in Steamboat Springs and has sold out the last 7 years. This three-day festival features fantastic bands, beer tasting and all the ambience the community of steamboat has to offer. Over 25 bands take the stage during the three-day featival whether it snows or not. This year the festival features Greensky Bluegrass, Billy Strings, Margo Proce, Keller & the Keels, Nikki Lane, The Travelin' McCourys, Horshoes and Hand Grenades and more.
11. 10th Mountain Day, Feb 28, Ski Cooper, Leadville Celebrate our 10th Mountain heritage with our Annual Ski Down. There will be a parade of flags at 1:30 pm led by 10th Mountain Division soldiers and dependents.
12. Ski Joring & Crystal Carnival in Leadville: March 7-8, 2020 Ski Joring in Leadville has been taking place since 1949. A ski joring course is built on the snow filled Leadville strip, Harrison Avenue. Horses (along with their rider) pull skiers at lightning speeds through a course of gates, jumps and rings. Competitors race for cash prizes, and teams are made up by a random draw.
13. Frozen Dead Guy Days, March 13-15, 2020 The story of how a town celebrates a dead guy isn't half as good as the party.
14. Sunsation, Apr 18-19, The legacy continues with Copper’s Sunsation, the finest spring festival in all of the Colorado high country. Copper Mountain Resort
Think you know a 2019-20 Top Colorado Winter Festivals that should be featured here or listed in the calendar of winter festival events? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. OR see the complete guide to Colorado festivals.
2019-20 Colorado Winter Guide
► Directory of Colorado Ski Resorts and Communities
Maps, lodging, unique characteristics, the best quick reviews of things to do and more
►Ski Area Opening Days
All it takes is snow
►Ski Area Closing Days
It is the saddest day, but at least you'll know when it's coming
► Top Winter Festivals in Colorado of 2019-20 Part I
EiC's picks of what's not to be missed
►The Bra Tree
How does that beautirful peice of cloth find its way to a tree?
►See All Upcoming Ski Resort Events
Events at all Colorado ski resorts by date
►Best Apres Ski - Happy Hours at Colorado's Ski Resorts
Apres Ski is just part of the deal
►Mountain Dining Adventures: Sleigh Ride, Ski Lift, Snowshoe, Ski and Hike to Dinner
Even dining in Colorado is an adventure
►The Best Time to Visit Breckenridge and Summit County
Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer have unique distractions and attractions for everyone
►Fabulously Famous Colorado Winter Holiday Events: Thanksgiving - Christmas - New Years Eve - Martin Luther King Weekend – Presidents Weekend - Mardi Gras - St. Patricks Day - Spring Break - Easter
►Enjoy the Front Range Before or After Heading Up: Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Pueblo
►Top Winter Sports Events - Colorado's Inconic Top Adventure Winter Sports Competitions
►Popular Colorado Winter Sports: Hockey, Ice Racing, Basketball, Football, Mountain Sports, Fat Bike, Snow Sports, Fishing (See the full Colorado Sports Guide)
►Activities and Things to do (besides skiing and snowboarding) - Sledding hills, Snowmobiling, Snowshoe, Ice Skating, Cross Country and Nordic Skiing, Dog Sledding, Concerts, Sports and more
►Top Colorado Live Music Bars in the Mountains
You don't have to curb your music fix when you live or visit Colorado mountiain resort towns
The greatest Fat Biking event in the world featuring epic fat bike venues, a demo day, vendor showcase, discounted ski lift tickets, FREE beer, branded burgers, tons of swag, prizes, giveaways and live music! Of course this would be a 2018-19 Top Colorado Winter Festivals Get more info