Colorado River Festivals
What can you expect at Colorado Whitewater River Festivals? Colorado’s majestic mountains become loaded with hundreds of inches of snow during the winter months. In May and June, the snow melts and the peak of the run off begins.
The usual mellow Colorado rivers will swell and water will blast through valleys turning into whitewater thoroughfares.
It's the time of year water sports enthusiasts eagerly anticipate as they get to perform their whitewater navigation skills on the real stuff. The big water is a magnet for participants, competitors and spectators. The result: A whitewater River Festival. Colorado whitewater river festivals feature kayakers, rafters and stand up paddle boarders participating in signature events and races like the downriver race, the hooligan race, freestyle kayaking, the raft rodeo, the raft sprint, the Pine Creek Race, Slalom races, Stand Up Paddleboard race and crazy river dog retrieving comps. Colorado whitewater river festivals also feature bike races, running races, disc golf, beer consumption, live music, parades and zany competitions.
FibArk has been taking place for over 70 years and is American’s oldest whitewater festival. is American’s oldest whitewater river festival. Signature events and races include the downriver race, the hooligan race, freestyle kayaking, the raft rodeo, the raft sprint, the Pine Creek Race, Slalom races, Stand Up Paddleboard race and crazy river dog retrieving comps.
Celebrating the water that feeds most of the western US only make sense. Colorado Whitewater River Festivals are an ode to the life sustaining nectar that marinates on the highest peaks in North America.
To advertise here contact email@example.com
Featured Colorado Whitewater River Festivals
- CKS Paddlefest, May 24-27, 2019, Buena Vista, Downtown Buena Vista
- Yampa River Festival, May 30 to June 2, 2019, Steamboat Springs
- Animas River Days, June 1, 2019, Durango, Santa Rita Park
- Dolores River Festival, June 1, 2019, Dolores, Joe Rowell Park
- Burning Can Fest at Lyons Outdoor Games, June 1, 2019, Bohn Park
- GoPro Mountain Games, June 6-9, 2019, Vail
- FIBArk Festival, June 13-16, 2019, Riverside Park (Salida)
- Gunnison River Festival, June 20-22, 2019, Crested Butte/Gunnison
- Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival, June 21-23, 2019, Arkansas Riverwalk
- The Oh-Be-Joyful Creek Race, June 22, 2019, Crested Butte
- Ridgway River Fest, June 29, 2019, Rollans Park (Ridgway)
- River on the River - Camping, Rafting and Music Festival, August 9-11, 2019, Buena Vista, River Runners
- Gore Fest, August 23-25, 2019, Bond, Rancho Del Rio