You can be sure most concerts at live venues in Colorado between now and May 1 have been cancelled...
Colorado is haunted by many spirts who haven’t moved on. The most famous haunted Colorado building is the Stanley hotel in Estes Park where Night Spirit Tours take place every day. The town of Breckenridge is well known for it’s ghost filled buildings and every night a ghost tour with spooky tales takes place in downtown. Other mountain towns known to be inhabited by spirits include Cripple Creek, Central City, Colorado Springs, Aspen, Canon City and more. Denver’s popular haunted buildings include the Brown Palace Hotel and the Molly Brown House. Formerly a graveyard, Cheeseman Park is also known as a haunted Colorado place.
During the Halloween season (October), numerous haunted Colorado houses, forests, mine tours, train rides and horror movie festivals spring up around the state. Many follow real life themes of Colorado carnage, injustice and tragedy. The spirits remain forging their quest to avenge their untimely deaths. For those whose hearts are pure, there are plenty of other Halloween events around Colorado to keep you entertained without having to fear heart stopping terror.
Yes, Colorado is so popular the ghosts either don’t want to leave or come here to be with their fellow spirits.
Many Colorado haunted houses start opening in September as the state starts Halloween and fall celebrations of all types. Others are open year around. There are several Halloween oriented Colorado haunted houses throughout the state and our top picks are listed below. These haunted houses provide a directed tour taking fearful souls through hallways and rooms that come alive with theatrical hi-jinx certain to scare the bejesus out of anyone.
There are other Colorado haunted houses and places that don’t care when Halloween takes place. They stay haunted year around thanks to real spirits that don’t cross to the other side and stay in Colorado. These places are filled with historical lore and the right guide can help what was come alive with stories sure to scare anyone. See what haunted house events are taking place this week below or click here to see all the haunted house events coming up.
Featured Halloween Colorado Haunted Houses & Tours
Make sure to visit website. Some of these haunted houses won't open this year.
- 13th Floor Haunted House, Denver
- Aftermath Haunted House, Canon City
- The Asylum Haunted House at City of the Dead, (Henderson)
- Devils Backbone - Savage Woods, Loveland
- Empty Grave Haunted House, Longmont
- Haunted Field of Screams (Thornton)
- Haunted Mines, Colorado Springs
- Turner Farm - Buena Vista
- Hell's Trail (Avondale), Pueblo
- Hellscream Haunted House, Colorado Springs
- Reapers Hollow - Parker
- Reinke Brothers Haunted Mansion, Littleton
- Scream Acres Haunted Corn Maze, LaSalle
- Terror in the Corn @ Anderson Farms, Erie
- The 13th Door, Aurora
- The Frightmare Compound, Westminster
- Undead Haunted House, Denver
- Gilpin History Museum, Central City
Featured Colorado haunted houses and tours offered year around
- Stanley Hotel
- Antler’s Hotel
- Hotel Colorado
- Colorado Haunted History Tours
- Aspen Ghost Tour
- Banjo Billy’s Boulder Ghost Tour
- Denver Ghost Tours
- Manitou Springs Haunted History Tour
- Molly Brown House
- Breckenridge Ghost Tours
If you know of a Colorado haunted house or ghost tour we should list here, send an email to Shibleyjeff@gmail.com
Resourceful links to learn more about haunted Colorado