You can be sure most concerts at live venues in Colorado between now and May 1 have been cancelled...
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend is when Summer ends and Fall begins. That means fall colors are coming, skiing and snowboarding is just a couple months away and sweaters - tight, warm, stretchy sweaters - start gracing torsos everywhere. Labor Day weekend also brings most of us an extra day off and away from the grind to enjoy concerts, festivals, sports, family time and more!
Signature events taking place around Colorado over Labor Day Weekend
- Beaver Creek’s Oktoberfest, Beaver Creek
- Keystone’s Okotberfest, Keystone
- Colorado State Fair, Pueblo
- The Great Rubber Duck Race, Breckenridge
- Wild West Air Fest, Steamboat Springs
- The Rocky Mountain Showdown College Football between the CSU Rams and CU Buffalos, Mile High Stadium
- Taste of Colorado, Denver’s Civic Center Park
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass, Snowmass Mountain
- Copper Country, Copper Mountain
- Four Corners Folk Festival, Pagosa Springs
If we’re lucky, Labor Day Weekend will have a Colorado Rockies game. Colorado colleges usually kick off their football season and the highlight is the Rocky Mountain Showdown between CSU Rams and CU Buffaloes. Concert event venues like Red Rocks, Thunder Mountain Amphitheatre, Hudson Gardens usually host concerts over Labor Day Weekend. The last few years Phish has played a three-day concert at Dicks’ Sporting Goods Park. Bars also have specials and communities put together family celebrations that are fun for everyone.
You can bet mountain resorts and front range cities will be loaded with parades, concerts, sports, festivals and family fun at Colorado’s mountain resorts and front range cities all weekend long.
Get ready, next week it'll be football season!
Labor Day weekend events won't show below until the week before Labor Day. But you can see all Labor Day Weekend events (Friday to Monday) here!